This recipe is from, http://www.howipinchapenny.com/2013/02/crockpot-lasagna/
But I added cream cheese.
- 2 lbs ground beef, browned (or 1 lb. beef and 1 lb bulk sausage)
- 1 box lasagna noodles (boiled for 4 minutes…not 8-9 as stated on the box)
- 3 jars of your favorite sauce
- 6 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 cups grated parmesan cheese (the stuff in the green jar is good for this recipe)
- 2 packages of fat free cream cheese melted
- Combine the 3 jars of sauce with the browned off meat. Fill each jar 1/4 of the way full with water and swish to get out every last bit of sauce and dump into the sauce/meat mixture. Wast not, want not! Plus the extra water will be absorbed into the par cooked noodles. Warm the mixture on the stove to heat through.
- Ladle a thin layer of sauce/meat mixture on the bottom of the crockpot. This will help prevent the bottom layer of noodles from burning.
- Layer par-cooked noodles to cover the bottom of the crockpot. Over lapping each noodle by about 1/4 of the width of the noodle underneath.
- spread cream cheese over the noodles evenly over the noodles.
- Top with enough sauce and meat to cover the cream cheese.
- Cover the sauce with a generous portion of mozzarella and grated parmesan cheeses.
- Continue the process until you have run out of noodles, sauce and cheese. Be sure to end with cheese so you have melted, gooey cheese on top.
- Turn the crockpot on low for 2-3 hours if you have warmed your sauce or 3-4 if everything went into the pot cold. I would not recomend using the high setting as feel it dries out the noodles on the edges.
What is your ‘go-to’ meal in the crockpot? Have you ever made a lasagna in one?